I just wanted to share a few of the books that have been water to my soul over the years, helping me to draw closer to God.
- John Bevere, Drawing Near
- Brent Curtis & John Eldredge, The Sacred Romance
- John Eldredge, Walking with God
- Ken Gire, The Divine Embrace
- Jerome Daley, Soul Space
- John Piper, Desiring God
- Jennifer Rees Larcombe, Journey into God’s Heart
- John Ortberg, The Me I Want to Be
- Emily P Freeman, Grace for the Good Girl
- Leanne Payne, Listening Prayer
Image sourced here.
Today, I thought it might be good to revisit the inspiration for the name of this blog.
From John Ortberg’s book The Me I Want To Be:
God made you to flourish – to receive life from outside yourself, creating vitality within yourself and producing blessing beyond yourself. Flourishing is God’s gift and plan, and when you flourish you are in harmony with God, other people, creation, and yourself. Flourishing is not measured by outward signs such as income, possessions, or attractiveness. It means becoming the person he had in mind in creating you.