It’s the end of another month, and it’s time to share five things from February:
- Chris Tiegreen continues to challenge me: “Few of us take time to ask Him [Jesus] what’s on His heart, to be good listeners, and to show real interest in the aspects of His will that don’t pertain to us… When we relate to Jesus as a friend, truly interested in what’s on His heart, He shares His heart with us. And we connect on a very personal level.” The One Year Hearing His Voice Devotional p.45.
- Undaunted: daring to do what God calls you to do by Christine Caine. This book is part memoir, part manifesto. I found it absorbing, encouraging and challenging.
- Wicked: the untold story of the Witches of Oz – fantastic musical and also got me thinking about how we often criticise, ostracise and demonise those who are different from ourselves. How different things would be if we appreciated our differences as strengths rather than threats.
“God loves you unconditionally, as you are and not as you should be, because nobody is as they should be.” Brennan Manning
- Maggie Beer’s Chocolate and Salted Caramel Ice Cream is dangerously good. You’ve been warned.
- Today was the first day of Adelaide Writers’ Week 2015 and I’ve already added another book to my reading list (Joan of Arc by Helen Castor) – no doubt there will be plenty more.
What did you learn or discover this month?